Do you struggle with drawing females? Maybe you find it mysterious, intimidating and almost impossible to understand. That's how it was for me. No matter how much I learned and practiced, there was always something in my art that just seemed a bit off. I was frustrated to say the least... almost to the point of giving up. Fortunately, my love for comics and drawing was too strong for that and I kept going. And going.
Over a decade later and thousands of hours of relentless practice and studying under some of my favorite artists, some of who eventually became my mentors, I finally broke through.
And you can too...
Welcome to my new course “How To Draw Females Like a Comic Book Pro!” - Level 1.0
This is an Intro Course to drawing Females in a Comic Book Style where you will learn to draw and understand the complexities of sketching and understanding the female figure, form and flow - faster and easier. After taking this course, you'll become more intuitive and confident with your newfound sketching skills.
I designed this course for anyone seeking to noticeably improve their current ability to draw the Female Form in an easy to grasp, simplistic and fun kind of way, without getting unnecessarily caught up and bogged down with all the complicated terms. You'll be able to jump right in and go!
About this Course:
- In this course you'll be applying what you are learning in real-time
- You'll have access to Almost 5 hours of On Demand video streaming, Sketch Templates and more
- This is not a typical course full of redundant and complicated terminology or boring, monotonous Lectures
- This course is fun, insightful and will show you all you need to know to become better at drawing Comic Book Style Females
- This course was meticulously designed to help you improve your ability to draw females
- As always, this is a "No Nonsense" course. I am all about getting results and I believe that if you follow the course outline and stick with it... You. Will. Get. Results.
Here are just few things you'll learn in this course:
- Overcome the Mysteries and Frustrations of Drawing Comic Book Style Females
- Female Anatomy and Proportions - Thinking with and understanding shapes, Form and Flow
- How to quickly Break Down your sketches and end up with Satisfying Results
- Quick Gestures and exercises to help you improve you art and add life to your poses
- Dynamic Poses - The right poses can catch any eye
- How to Draw from your imagination and other Freestyle Techniques you won't find anywhere else
- Draw Female Heads and Faces from all angles - Expressions, attitude and mood
- Drawing Females from references - How to spot the shapes and capture the perfect pose
- Pro Techniques - I've picked up from my Mentors and will be passing on to You
- Preventing Stiffness and Low Energy poses - The days of being frustrated with Stiff, boring Sketches are Gone
- Composition & Layout and Design - How to Create a Dynamic Scene
- And much, much more
By the end of this course you’ll be able to quickly and confidently draw what was previously one of the most difficult and bewildering areas to understand… The Female Figure
I’ll be teaching you with a method I learned throughout my career as an artist that I refer to as “simplified layouts” which focuses more on simple shapes and nuances that lead to a great finished sketch. This method yields results and FAST.
Not only will we cover the details and application of this technique, but I’ll also be practicing it with you.
That’s right, this isn’t just a point and talk course, I’ll personally be in the trenches showing you in real-time how I do it while explaining the process at the same time. Together, I’ll walk you through the entire process, step by step.
Lastly, this is what I like to call an “On Demand” course, where I will be continually adding more content based on your needs - I truly believe that learning is a nonstop endeavor and I really want you to get the most out of this. This course is for you and about you.
The Ideal student for this course, is someone who has a sincere passion for art and really wants to improve and grow their skillset and confidence as an artist. You could be an aspiring comic book artist, storyboard, animation, video game or character design artist … or maybe you haven’t quite picked your field yet, but you know this is something you really feel fired up about and you just can't get enough of it. The only thing that matters to me is that you are ready and willing to commit to your Craft... the rest is just about showing up.
Aside from having the basic ability to sketch, There are no requirements needed to enroll - just be open minded, ready to learn and most importantly, willing to put in the practice. I'll be here rooting for you!
Feel free to look through the course description and I look forward to seeing you inside!
What you’ll learn
- Step by step demonstrations on how to build a solid anatomical foundations for your Female drawings
- Simplified sketching methods showing you how to quickly learn and apply these techniques to see improvement in your art almost immediately
- An in depth look at how professional artists draw comics with a behind the scenes peek at the mystery of how Pro artists seem to draw Females so effortlessly
- Tons of inside tips, tactics and secrets that took years to learn that are sure to improve your art almost immediately
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Be able to draw at a basic level, some understanding of human anatomy and comic style art
- Have access to a pencil and paper, and/or tablet and stylus
Who this course is for:
- Beginner level artists and above
- Have some understanding of human anatomy and comic style art
- Aspiring Comic Book Artists, Game & Character Designers, Storyboards, Film & Animation
5 Hours of Digital Real-Time Content Specifically Designed to Teach you to become better at Drawing Females!
- 5 Hours of Digital Real-Time Content Specifically Designed to Teach you to become better at Drawing Females!